The Oneida Community Education Center, started in June 1993 as the Oneida Career Development and Technical Center through a federal Workplace Literacy Grant. The Center offered computer classes, GED/HSED program, and career counseling for tribal members.
By 1998, the Center’s name changed to the Community Education Center with a new mission to provide the community with educational and enrichment opportunities.
Today, the Center offers more diverse programming to include more community classes, tutoring services, and the Chautauqua Series in addition to offering GED/HSED programs and computer lab.
Community Education Center:
- A place where diverse ideas and ways can come together through community building;
- A place for people to learn from each other;
- A place for people to explore their talents;
- A place for retired people to stay active and continue to learn and share;
- A place where people can gain skills for employment.
For More Information
- Interim Director: Beth Bashara: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Manager: Kimberly M. Wurst: email@example.com
- Teacher/Programming: Douglas R. Younkle: DYounkle@oneidanation.org
- Program Staff: Jessica Quintana: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Staff: Marena Bridges: email@example.com
Community Education Center
2632 S Packerland Drive
Green Bay, WI 54313